We invite the women of Crook County to join us at Suttle Lake, May 17-18 for a weekend of Seeking the face of Christ.
Our guest speaker this year is Kari Patterson, a long time friend and Co-laborer with Pastor Rory and Lindsey. For more about Kari, her biography blog writings, click here.
Cost is $90. Please sign up in the foyer of the church. You can also sign up or inquire about the retreat by sending an email to Lindsey:
What is God’s intention and heart for this thing we call “the Church?” Who does it consist of? Who is in charge? How does it function? Do I have to be involved? What is our purpose and mission as a church? Explore the answers to these questions and more as we dive into study of what His Church is all about.
You can also listen to the series here:
Gospel Family teachings are now available to listen to online here.
Click on the little Ipod at the bottom of the sermon player to subscribe to podcast feeds. You can also search “Calvary Chapel Crook County” in the Itunes store, and download podcast individually.
The message from Sunday, May 22nd is now available online at calvarycrookcounty.com. This Sunday’s service had a bit of a different flavor and format. This letter is to preface the online teaching so there is no confusion.
Recently, the Lord has been moving the leadership at Calvary Chapel of Crook County to get back to a more fundamental approach to discipleship. We feel the Lord leading us to a very natural, relational approach through time spent with others, living missionally with others, devouring the Word with others, making mistakes and being corrected with others, counting the cost with others and expanding the kingdom with others. With that, The Men will be starting a new venture in discipleship called “Core Groups.” Although Women can and will be a part of this, the women’s ministry is in a transitional season having just completed a series and are praying about what it will look for them… (Women’s Core Groups may look a bit different than the way the men are doing it)..
A breakdown of these groups is as follows:
§ Each “Core Group” has been appointed a leader.
- Leaders will meet regularly as part of their own discipleship, accountability and training group.
§ Each “Core Group” will consist of 3-5 people.
§ Groups will meet once a week for Bible study at a time that works for them.
- Core Groups will be a “Band of Brothers” who not only have study time together but call each other regularly, open up their homes to each other, serve each other, and reach out to the community to save the lost…together!
- Core Groups are not intended to replace 242 groups, but to compliment them through even deeper, close-knit relationships, and time separated by gender for the purpose of encouragement, bearing one another’s burdens and holding one another accountable. (Your core groups may or may not have the same men from your 242 group).
- Core Groups are not a game, but are a hard-core commitment to equipping the saints for the work of the ministry, and making disciples for growth of the Kingdom to the glory of God. To be in a group, one must be committed, disciplined, and most of all…reliant on the power of the Holy Spirit!
- Attached to this email is a questionnaire. The questionnaire will be discussed at the next 242 group. After reading and completing the questionnaire, if you are committed to being in a core-group please return completed questionnaire to Kevin at church this Sunday, May 30. If for some reason you are not going to be at church this Sunday, please let us know.
- Groups will be put together in a Leadership Hub meeting on June 1.
- After June 1 you will hear from your Core Group leader and your group will start meeting.
- Women can fill out the questionnaire as well, turn it in and will be contacted soon.
- If you have any questions at all, please contact me at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Click here for the questionnaire: Primitive Discipleship
By His Grace, Pastor Rory
Did you know that Calvary Crook County runs and oversees the Oasis Soup Kitchen? Well, we do!
The Oasis Soup Kitchen is managed by Rich Will, and overseen by our financial board and our elders. It is completely staffed by volunteers from within the community, which mostly come from other churches.
If you’re looking for a way to get involved with serving in the community and showing the love of Jesus to others, why not consider getting involved at the Oasis?
For more information on getting involved, contact Rich will with the form below, and tell him that you saw this advertisement on the church website and you’d like to know how you can get involved.
Join us on Thursday nights as we get our collective finger on the pulse of the Spirit of God through an evening of prayer and worship, Thursday nights from 6 – 7:30pm.
We believe that corporate worship and prayer is a vital part to a healthy and productive church because it is how we bring ourselves before the Lord, humbly waiting on His Spirit to move our hearts to beat to the pulse of His heart.
The Reality Student Ministry meets every Tuesday night at 6:30, and features a time of games, worship, biblical teaching, and fellowship. It is available for Jr. and Sr. High students. We also feature trips, concerts, and camps throughout the year.
It is our desire to impact the students of Prineville with the truth and hope of the gospel, and effect change in the lives of the students in our community. For more information on Reality Student Ministries, contact Chad Carpenter with the form below.
We have children’s church available every Sunday for kids ages 0 – 5th grade.
Classes are available at both the 9am and the 11am service.
Your kids will get to engage in lessons from the Bible and do crafts and games to help reinforce what they have learned.
For more information, contact Erika Vaughan with the form below.